About this project:
This is the
Windows Auto Installation
This project was registered on SourceForge.net on Mar 14, 2009, and is described by the project team as follows:
For automatically installing Windows. You no longer need burn OS disc, interfere installing process, search device drivers online and then install them. Just click a couple of buttons and wait for about 20 minutes, then you get a ready to use Windows.
WHY should you use Windows Auto Installation
- Install directly from iso file without burning disc.
- Install OS unattendedly.
- Install device drivers automatically.
- It's NOT an image-based solution (such as Microsoft RIS and Symantec Altiris). There is no need to setup a master installation first.
HOW to use Windows Auto Installation
- Burn WinAutoInst.iso into a DVD and use it to boot your machine.
- Select WinPE type in Windows Boot Manager menu:
Once boot into WinPE, Windows Auto Installation dialog shows up
Press Browse button, then Choose File to Upload dialog shows up.
Enter UNC of the file server where iso files reside, then press Open.
Once target iso file is selected, choose other options in Windows Auto Installation dialog:
- If you are installing a 32 bit Windows, choose WinPE x86.
- If you are installing a 64 bit Windows, choose WinPE x64.
Press Submit, and then get yourself a cup of tea.
- Select a VL Key in the drop down list if you are installing a Windows XP or 2003 with volum license.
- If no VL Key available, enter a valid Retail Key or keep it blank. Invalid key may cause installation failure.
- Language is only applicable to Windows Vista, 2008 and 7.
- Install to is for you to select the partition on which OS will be installed. If no partition available, the whole disk will be format as a single partition.
- Windows 7 contains many built-in device drivers. You may not need to choose to install 3rd party ones.
- At least 512 MB memory is equipped.
- Installing XP or 2003 on VM is not supported owing to some driver issues.
- Installing 64 bit Windows XP or 2003 on a machine with SATA/AHCI/SCSI hard drive need special configuration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to do that.